Friday 24 June 2016

Maybelline new launch vivid matte liquid

Hi everyone! I am back with a international product review. The much excited product by Maybelline. It was much talked about. So let's jump to the review.

Product : Vivid Matte Liquid.

Packaging : It is very appealing. It has a matte top and a transparent bottom which look amazing. It has a boxy look, pointed edges but not pokey sharp ones and as you open the cap it has a long, soft flat doefoot applicator which is flexible bit not too much so you can apply with ease. Picture of this product is in the end of the review.
Price : INR 1074 rs ($10)  (this is nude flush price) Also I have to mention it is available in different prices depending on shade and portal or store you are buying from.

Claims : As product says it in its name, it has Vivid colours. It's is matte but it's actually not matte you need to dab your lips with a tissue for mattifying it or drying it. It is soft, moisturising and also takes time to dry and set on your lips. Also claims lliquid which it is a liquid but more on a gel side.
Shades : This collection has nudes to the darkest plum colours I would list it in here together. The review is based on all colours so I would talk about all colours in specific areas needed in the description section. Here are all the shade names in the Vivid Matte liquid starting from nude to dark shades-  Nude Fush nude thrill, pink charge, electric pink, fushsia ecstacy, orange shot, rebel red, berry boost, Vivid violet, possessed plum.

Quality and Quantity : 0.26 Fluid Ounce of product in liquid form which is actually mousse like soft.

Description of product : First thing you may notice as you apply is it has a sweet scent, floral fruity scent to It and it's pretty strong. And it is creamy soft but tastes bad. I am not a allergic person to scent in lip wears but this It alot stronger perfumy smell. It is more like gel or mousse texture and not liquid. It gives you soft and moisturising lips. It feels good when u apply, it glides smoothy. It is not streakly or patchy, it kind of warms up as you apply on lips. Though only pink charge is the shade that felt a streaky or patchier colour out of the collection. Nude thrill works for a dark skin tone too and looks surprisingly good. Still if your skin tone is not dark you can wear this shade. I fact a lighter skin tones can wear all shade from this collection. Now the nude flush is also a dopey colour but is a much lighter and may not suit dark skin tones. Pink charge is also light shade, it is a poppy glowy pink colour and again it would not suit a darker skin tone. Electric pink is a bright neon pink shade. I loved it for the colour and a bit streaky. Fushsia ecstacy is a incredibly awesome red toned hot pink shade. Orange shot is very very redish orange in colour. Rebel red is a pure red or true red shade still I feel its a bit on a orange side. Berry boost is a perfect mix of pink, purple and red and a beautiful truly berry colour. Vivid voilet is a nice and light purple. It is like a college going girls wear. And quite a playful colour that you can play with on alternate days I feel. And now the last shade, possessed plum is a intense, deepened voilet blackish plum colour. And I loved it as it appeared alot better than I expected and does not look black on lips as it does when you see the tube. Also this shade was a sheer in the whole collection. And look like a tinted balm. And on building up the colour can be opaegue. This shade gets patchy and streaky on lips.
Stain test : It is matte liquid but kinda stays wet so it does stain on whatever you sip on. In fact it looks glossy.

Pigmentation on lips : Now it give a pretty colour pay off. It is pigmentated and covers your lips well even if you have pigmented lips.

Skin tone : I would say overall this collection has maximum shades that can be wore by all types of skin tones expect a few dopey once. I have mentioned the suitability for lighter shades in the shades section individually. And from the shade fuhsia ecstacy to the darkest shade possessed plum all suit to the darker skin tones.

Pros and cons :
Pros : I love Maybelline. I am a Maybelline fan girl. I love it's packaging style, colourful package, and budget friendlyness. And now coming to the collection, it is so so nice to see a huge launch. Also has some awesome vivid colour in this collection. And I personally think the packaging is amazing. The glassy transparent bottom is just what I loved the most. I can't stop appreciating the packaging cause I am so so obsessed. It's bottom tells you the shade just by looking at the tube. It is visibly adoring and love the nude flush and the dark shades. And even though it is not matte but it's moisturising and I didn't expect that as it says it has a matte formula. It didn't dry out my lip so it is a plus with a limitation of not being matte as claimed.

Cons : Now I have said before how much I love Maybelline but trust me guys I hate one thing and as everything has pros and cons, I hate it for its unsealed packs being sold in stores.

Here's how the product looks like :




Takeaways :
> It is not a matte as you know it by now but it has a pretty good longevity. It has soft creamy texture it feels good on lips. It stays on much longer than I expected. It lasts quite a 5 to 6 hour wear.
> I would not wear these although they have good shades. It smells strong, that don't fade out too and also not taste good so it's a big no for me.

That's for the review. If you like this and if it helpful share it with your friends. Come back for more reviews. There are much more to come. Also would like to mention that the next review is the lakme's lip love lip care new shades relaunched with new shades. I would also like to know in the comments below if you want a comparison types of review, write to me in the comments below. Keep smile on all your pretty faces. Love you all Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment